4. Juni 2017

Cosmic Girl - out of this world card


"She's just a cosmic girl, from another galaxy......."
(lyrics from 'cosmic girl' by Jamiroquai)


Everytime I see those space themed stamp sets this song comes to mind
I loved to listen to it a lot years ago - so I wanted to color a girl astronaut :D 

All these different planets and the rocket - oh how cute is that rocket?   I decided to make a multilayer card so I can place all the images on different levels - looks almost like a black hole ­čśä 


You might be interested how I made this card, so I take some step by step pictures to show you the making of the background. 

Step One: 
You need three pieces of black cardstock all cut to the card size of your choice. Then I cut different sizes of circles in two of them. First I cut the bigger one of the circles, I offset it towards the left side. Then I placed this piece on top of another and decided where I want my smaller hole to be. It's place towards the bottom right of the bigger hole so that if you stack all three pieces on top of another it creates like a short spiral.
As you may noticed I cut my front panel with a stitched rectangle die. You need to do this before you cut the circles otherwise you won't have perfect alligment of the cut cirlce openings.


Step two: 
Now we get some color onto the panels :D
I used a variety of Distress Oxides to create different galaxies on each panel. The Oxides show up great on the black and soft enough to get that halo some galaxies have. For the really small almost dust like splatters I used a tooth brush and for the bigger spots I used a small flat watercolor brush. On the middle panel (with the smaller circle) I sponged on the oxide around the circle opening and spritzed with water to get more coverage. I used a heat tool to dry in between colors.

This would work as well with acrylic paints if you don't have the Oxides - yet ;)


Before I stacked the panels with a single layer of foam tape I heat-embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder. I often forget to put on the sentiment before putting everything together and I learned the hard way that it is no good to heat-emboss on a finish card ;) 


The planets, the rocket and the astronaut girl I colored in bright colors and are glued to the different layers, sometimes with foam tape for even more dimension.





Lieben Dank f├╝rs Vorbeischauen ❤ thanks for stopping by ❤
habt einen tollen Tag und bis bald,   have a great day




Material / supplies: 
  • Papier / paper: smooth bristol CS Clairefontaine; black CS by Rayher
  • Stempel / stamps: "Out of this world" by Lawn Fawn
  • Stempelkissen / ink pads: Memento tuxedo black, VersaMark von Tsukineko 
  • Distress Oxide:  cracked pistacchio, faded jeans, fossilized amber, spiced marmelade, wilted violet, worn lipstick by Ranger
  • Stanzen/ dies: Circles by Sizzix; CreaNest No.24 (stitched rectangles) von CreaLies 
  • Farbe/ color: Copic Marker 
  • Sonstiges/ misc: Embossing Powder white von Hero Arts

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar ver├Âffentlichen